Hello Trojan Families,
I hope you are having a wonderful summer! Below are some important updates and reminders:
The official CIAC start date for practices is Monday, 8/19. In order to practice, all players must have an up to date medical form on file with the WHS Nurse. Here is a link to the standard state of CT form: CT Physical Form
All players will also need to be registered for football with the WHS athletic department by 8/19. If you have not already registered, keep an eye out for an email from Mark Berkowitz for fall athletic registration. They are currently having technical difficulties with the site. Coach Berkowitz will be sending out instructions soon.
The WHS calendar on the Weston Trojans Football website has now been updated with practices and games for the entire 2019 season. A reminder on how to access the calendar and some other notes:
- Accessing the calendar - Here is a direct link to the calendar on the Weston football site: WHS FOOTBALL CALENDAR. The site is: www.trojansfootball.org. You can access the calendar from the home page by going to Team>WHS Trojan Football>Weston Trojans Football and choosing "Schedule" on the dropdown menu. There are both a Schedule (List) and Calendar view.
- You can setup an automatic calendar feed to your iCal, Google calendar or Outlook from the "Options" dropdown on the right side of the page.
- The calendar reflects our current understanding of the practice schedule. But, it is possible that there will be changes. We will do our best to keep the calendar up to date. However, the information that the players receive directly from Coach Hassett, or from the captains via the team facebook page, should always supercede what is on the calendar when there are differences.
- For families new to the team, the practice schedule may seem very full. Please know that Coach Hassett will always carve out time for homework and extra help as needed on a one off basis.
- You may notice that there is no practice listed for Saturday, 10/12 (our bye week). That is correct! This is your chance to visit colleges or make other weekend plans. Note that there will be practice on Monday, 10/14 (Columbus Day).
CAMP AT MASUK HS
The team will be attending camp at Masuk HS again this year, 8/12 through 8/14. We are in the process of confirming the exact timing, but assume it will be late afternoon into the evening each day. The cost is $75 per player. The Gridiron Club will cover the cost of a bus to and from the camp. Keep an eye out for an email for registration.
Please follow the team on the following social media platforms!
- Instagram: @westontrojansfootball
- Twitter: @westontrojansfb
- Facebook: Weston High School Trojan Football Alumni Group
Let me know if you have any questions. Go Trojans!